Sweet and Salty Chex Mix
courtesy of Wonky Wonderful
Servings: 12 people
- 2 cups Walnut Halves & Pieces
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Sea Salt
- 4 cups Corn Chex
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups Rye Bagel Chips or regular bagel chips
- 2 cups Tiny Pretzel Twists
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt or kosher salt
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F
- 2. Generously spray a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick.
- 3. Combine walnuts and maple syrup in large bowl. Toss until evenly coated.
- 4. Transfer walnuts to baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
- 5. Bake for 12 minutes.
- 6. Immediately transfer nuts to parchment or wax paper to cool.
- 1. Preheat oven to 275°F
- 2. In a large bowl, combine Corn Chex, Rice Chex, bagel chips and pretzels. Set aside.
- 3. Combine melted butter, worcestershire sauce, garlic powder and salt. Pour mixture over cereal mixture.
- 4. Now get your hands dirty. Use your hands to gently toss and evenly coat entire mixture.
- 5. Transfer to an ungreased large rimmed baking sheet in an even layer.
- 6. Bake for 45 minutes. Stir every 10-15 minutes while baking.
- 7. Remove from oven and immediately stir in sweet walnuts.
- 8. Let cool then serve or store in an airtight container.