Summer Orzo Salad
- 1/2 pound orzo
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 1 cup small diced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked fresh corn kernels, (from about 2 small ears corn)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for tossing the pasta after cooking
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced basil
- 1. Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil. Cook pasta until al dente, according to package instructions. Drain and toss with a little bit of olive oil to prevent sticking. Set aside.
- 2. When pasta has cooled, mix with tomatoes, cheese, corn, vinegar and oil until well mixed. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the basil. Serve at room temperature or store in GladWare in the refrigerator until ready to eat, up to 3 days. (Give the pasta salad a stir and check if additional seasoning is needed before serving).
Meal Planning Tip
Store pasta salad in GladWare until ready to eat, up to three days. Any small noodle will work for this recipe and make sure to cook the corn just slightly (to remove the starchiness) but still crisp.
Prep & Protect Tip
For any extra fresh produce, like tomatoes and corn kernels, place separately in GladWare containers and refrigerate to preserve freshness. You can also freeze by placing ingredients in Glad Freezer Zipper Bags. Pack separately into bags, removing as much air as possible. Place in the deepest part of the freezer.