Spiced Potato Pancakes with Cranberry Compote and Crème Fraiche
courtesy of Ayesha Curry
- 3 cups leftover mashed potatoes, chilled
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tablespoon harissa or smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Leftover Cranberry compote or Cranberry Sauce, for serving
- Crème Fraiche or sour cream, for serving
- 1. In a large bowl, stir together the mashed potatoes, egg, flour and spices including harissa until well combined. Divide the mixture into portions. Rolling each portion into a ball and flattening into a pancake.
- 2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 3. Fry the pancakes in batches until golden brown and crisp on each side. About 3 minutes per side. Set aside to drain.
- 4. Serve the spiced potato pancakes topped with compote and a dollop of crème fraiche.