Shaved Brussels Sprouts and Kale Salad with Almond and Dried Cherries
- 3/4 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, outer leaves removed and sliced very thin
- 1 head Lacinato kale, tough ribs removed and sliced thin
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Place the lemon juice, mustard, syrup and olive oil in small GladWare container (or jar) and shake vigorously. Season to taste with a generous amount of salt and pepper, and shake again.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, kale, almonds and cherries together. Mix in the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately. If making ahead, store dressed salad in a GladWare container for up to 24 hours.
Meal Planning Tip
This salad is sturdy enough to hold in GladWare dressed for at least a day without getting soggy. The dressing can also be made a day in advance. If you don’t have dried cherries, try currants or raisins.
Prep & Protect Tip
Don’t rinse or remove the stem from the kale before storing. Wrap leaves in dry paper towel and seal in a Glad Zipper Bag, squeezing out as much air as possible when sealing. Store cut kale in a Glad container of your choice. Keep in the coldest part of the refrigerator. Store whole Brussels sprouts in a bowl covered with Glad Press’n Seal or ClingWrap with air holes.