Million Dollar Pasta
courtesy of The Country Cook
Servings: 6 people
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 8 oz. block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 24 oz. jars spaghetti sauce, divided use
- 1 spaghetti jar water, divided use
- 1 16 oz. box cavatappi, cellentini or macaroni pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1.Brown and crumble ground beef (season with salt and pepper.) Drain excess grease and set aside
- 2.In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, minced garlic and parsley
- 3.In the bottom of a 6 quart (or larger) slow cooker, add half of the spaghetti sauce
- 4.Evenly layer half the box of the cavatappi pasta on top of sauce
- 5.Pour remaining jar of spaghetti sauce over noodles. Pour on half a jar of water.
- 6.Then layer half the cooked ground beef mixture over top.
- 7.Dollop the entire cream cheese mixture evenly as possible over the beef layer. Do not stir.
- 8.Evenly layer the rest of the cavatappi pasta on top of the cream cheese layer.
- 9.Top with remaining jar spaghetti sauce. Pour another half jar of water on top of spaghetti sauce.
- 10.Finally, layer the rest of the cooked ground beef on top.
- 11.Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. Stir mixture.
- 12.Layer with 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese. Cover for an additional 15-20 minutes (until cheese is melted.)