Chocolate Almond Kiss Cookies
courtesy of My Baking Addiction
Servings: 40 cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup additional granulated sugar, for decoration
- 40 milk chocolate kiss candies
- 1.In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars for about 3 minutes.
- 2.Add in the egg and extract and mix until incorporated.
- 3.Stir in the flour, almond meal, baking soda, and salt until just combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- 4.When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 5.Use a small cookie scoop to form dough into 1-inch balls.
- 6.Roll dough balls into granulated sugar and place on prepared cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- 7.Bake for 10-12 minutes. Remove pan from oven and immediately push an unwrapped chocolate kiss into the center of each cookie.
- 8.Cool cookies on pan for 5 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.