Cherry Chip Rice Krispie Treats
courtesy of Crazy Little Projects
Servings: 12 people
- 6 cups Rice Krispies
- 5 tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 10 oz bags marshmallows
- 1 cup cherry chip cake mix
- several drops pink or red food coloring
- 1 bag white chocolate chips
- Valentine’s Sprinkles
- 1. Pour your Rice Krispies into a large bowl and set aside. In a medium size bowl add your marshmallows and butter and microwave for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, until totally melted.
- 2. Add a couple of drops of food coloring to your mixture.
- 3. Quickly, while it’s still hot, stir in 1 C cherry chip cake mix.
- 4. Pour over your Rice Krispies and mix until evenly coated.
- 5. Grease your hands and press these into either a 9 x 13 inch (well greased) pan or, if you prefer them thinner, a well greased cookie sheet.
- 6. Allow to set up for a few minutes.
- 7. Melt your white chocolate in the microwave, stirring frequently.
- 8. Spread this over your Rice Krispie treats and then quickly add your sprinkles.
- 9. Once it’s completely set up, use a cookie cutter to cut out hearts.