Strawberry Pound Cake
courtesy of Will Cook for Smile
Servings: 1 pound cake
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 3 tbsp whole milk, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 13 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 cup diced strawberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1.Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a loaf pan (9x5x3) and place a piece of parchment paper on the bottom. Lightly grease the parchment paper too.
- 2.In a mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and vanilla. Set aside.
- 3.In a bowl of an electric mixer, sift in flour. Add sugar, salt, and baking powder. Mix dry ingredients on low until well combined.
- 4.Add butter and half of the egg mixture. Mix on low until just combined. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat for a couple of minutes on medium-high speed. (The batter will start get light and airy.)
- 5.Add the other half of egg mixture in two batches, beating for about 30 seconds after each addition. The cake batter will be light and fluffy at that point.
- 6.Coat diced strawberries in 1 tbsp of flour and gently fold it into the batter.
- 7.Add batter to the loaf pan and even out the top. Bake for about 55-60 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cake to room temperature.
- 1.Chop strawberries and add them to a small sauce pot, heating over medium heat. Add sugar, lemon juice and then sugar. Stir well and keep stirring as strawberries give out juice and sugar melts. Simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring often. Use your immersion blender to puree strawberry mixture.
- 2.Use ⅓ cup of strawberry sauce per 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 3.Whisk the ⅓ cup of strawberry sauce with powdered sugar until all smooth.
- 4.Drizzle strawberry glaze all over the cooled pound cake.