Slow Cooker Taco Soup
courtesy of My Baking Addiction
Slow Cooker Taco Soup uses up all your fresh and frozen veggies for a hearty, cozy dinner. Making it couldn’t be easier!
Servings: 10-12 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced onions
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 2 10 oz cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 2 8 oz cans Tomato sauce
- 2 15 oz cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 14 oz can corn
- 2 cups water
- salt and pepper to taste
- shredded cheese, optional
- sour cream, optional
- sliced green onion, optional
- tortilla strips, optional
- 1. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in ground beef and cook until the beef starts to brown. Add in onions and garlic and cook until the beef is completely browned. Drain excess oil.
- 2. Return the pan to medium heat and stir in homemade taco seasoning. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3. Transfer ground beef mixture to a slow cooker.
- 4. Stir in diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, black beans, corn and water.
- 5. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or high for 3 hours.
- 6. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7. Before serving, top with shredded cheese, sour cream, green onion and tortilla strips.