Honey Butter Candied Yams
courtesy of Real Housemoms
Servings: 6 people
- 4-5 Sweet Potatoes or Yams, (approx 3 lbs)
Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pecan bits
- 24 marshmallows
- 1.Boil sweet potatoes or yams until softened. They will vary in size, so just check them, usually 20-30 minutes is sufficient boiling time.
- 2.Cool, and peel sweet potatoes, and slice into rounds. At this point you can store sweet potatoes/yams in GladWare® until you are ready to serve.
- 3.Prepare cinnamon honey butter by combining the honey, butter, and cinnamon, and stirring until completely smooth.
- 4.Store in another GladWare® container.
- 5.When ready to serve, preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- 6.Lay sweet potato/yam rounds out on a baking sheet, top with a spoonful of cinnamon honey butter, sprinkle on pecan bites, and top with a marshmallows.
- 7.Drizzle more honey butter on if desired.
- 8.Bake for 7-10 minutes until marshmallows are melted and browning. Serve immediately. If there are leftovers, store in GladWare® for 4-5 days