Chicken Nugget Sliders
Looking to get more fiber in your little one’s diet? These Chicken Nuggets made with flax seed are tender and delicious. You can prepare them separately to pair with other meals or here they are served in a fun slider for the perfect bite-sized lunch.
- 4 4- to 6-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts, (about 1lb)
- 1 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons flaky sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices Swiss cheese, cut into halves
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 4-6 Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mayo, of choice
- 1 tablespoon lemon
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, optional
- 1 package slider buns
- 1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Lined a rimmed baking sheet with foil and drizzle a thin layer of oil on top.
- 2. Cut chicken into nugget sized pieces. In a gallon-sized Glad bag, combine the flaxseed, salt & pepper. Add in the chicken, seal and shake well to coat the tenders all over. Put the breaded tenders on the prepared baking sheet and bake until cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes.
- 3. In a small bowl add mayo, lemon, and zest. Combine well and refrigerate until ready to use.
- 4. Build sandwich with chicken, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. Add the desired amount of mayo on the bottom of the top bun. Wrap up your sandwiches with Glad Press’n Seal for lunchtime.