Spring Brussels Sprouts Salad
Spring often brings warmer temperatures and fresher eating, like salads and light bites. This salad is hearty enough to serve on its own and flavorful enough for even the pickiest of eaters. Check out author, chef and mom Ayesha Curry as she gets cooking in her kitchen with Glad.
- 3/4 lb Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed, outer leaves removed and sliced very thin
- 1 head kale, tough ribs removed and sliced thin
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped roasted salted almonds
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1. Place the lemon juice, mustard, syrup and olive oil in small GladWare container (or jar) and shake vigorously. Season to taste with a generous amount of salt and pepper, and shake again.
- 2. In a mixing bowl, toss the Brussels sprouts, kale, almonds and cherries together. Mix in the dressing and toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately. If making ahead, store dressed salad in a GladWare container for up to 24 hours.
Meal Planning Tip
This salad is sturdy enough to hold in GladWare dressed for at least a day without getting soggy. The dressing can also be made a day in advance. If you don’t have dried cherries, try currants or raisins.
Prep & Protect Tip
Don’t rinse or remove the stem from the kale before storing. Wrap leaves in dry paper towel and seal in a Glad Zipper Bag, squeezing out as much air as possible when sealing. Store cut kale in a Glad container of your choice. Keep in the coldest part of the refrigerator. Store whole Brussels sprouts in a bowl covered with Glad Press’n Seal or ClingWrap with air holes.