Rainbow Pasta Salad
courtesy of Ayesha Curry
Love this recipe for kids’ lunches as it makes veggies fun, through color and flavor. It’s also a great way for moms to clear out some of those leftovers in the fridge.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 lb elbow macaroni, or favorite type
- 2 cups medley tomatoes, halved (or just cherry tomatoes)
- 1 cup chopped red bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped yellow bell peppers
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 1 cup peas
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk together mustard, garlic, lemon juice, parsley and olive oil. Season with salt & pepper, to taste. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 2. Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water according to instructions.
- 3. Drain and rinse pasta with cold water.
- 4. Once water has all been drained, and pasta has cooled add to a large bowl.
- 5. Add tomatoes, bell pepper, carrot, peas, and onion. Pour lemon dressing over and toss to coat.
- 6. Pack lunch or snack servings in your Glad containers for the whole family for the week!