Fun Sandwich Sushi
courtesy of Ayesha Curry
This recipe is a great way to get veggies into your child’s diet, while also being fun for them to eat at lunchtime. You can also tailor it for even the pickiest of eaters.
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon basil, minced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- 1 cup carrots, julienned
- 1 cup cucumber, deseeded and julienned
- 6 veggie flour tortillas, (your favorite brand)
- 1/2 lb lunch meat, your choice
- 1. Allow cream cheese to soften. Add to a small bowl with parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- 2. Lay flour tortillas on a flat surface covered with Glad ClingWrap. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly across the middle of the tortilla. Top with spinach, carrot, cucumber, and turkey or your preferred lunch meat.
- 3. Tightly roll up the tortillas and wrap each in plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
- 4. Slice when ready to serve.
- 5. TIP: Extra carrot, spinach, cucumber, parsley and basil should be prepped and protected in the fridge and will make for a delicious salad later in the week for lunch or dinner.