We’re taking a break from food for the moment to do something crafty with our Press n’Seal! We hope that you'll enjoy this adorable art project.
The holidays may be over, but that doesn’t mean we have to stop decorating! If you’re looking for something fun and easy to do with your kiddos, try this snowflake silhouette project. It’s perfect for all ages and looks great when finished! Here’s what you’ll need:
- Paint – we used light blue, dark blue, and purple (you can choose your own)
- Canvas paper
- Paintbrush – sponge brushes work great!
- Glad Press n’Seal Press (You can design your own snowflake shape using pieces of Press n’Seal or follow our instructions below)
Here's what to do:
1. Tear three strips of Press n’Seal (about 1 inch wide).
2. Make an ‘X’ in the middle of your canvas paper with two Press n’Seal strips and use 3rd strip to bisect your ‘X.’
3. Add pieces of Press n’Seal to stick at the ends of your snowflake.
Press down and make sure your Press n’Seal is firmly in place.
Now for the fun part! Cover your entire canvas board with paint (you can even paint directly over your snowflake).
To add some texture, crumple up a piece of Press n’Seal and lightly dab the wet paint. This creates a nice snowy effect!
Allow paint to dry completely. Then peel Press n’Seal off your canvas paper, revealing your beautiful snowflake!